Tuesday 17 July 2012

Amazing Rome


Hello, beautiful people! How is everybody doing? I just came back from Rome two days ago and I thought I should do a post about my trip to this beautiful Italian city. So, first I'm going to share my impressions and then I will show you a selection of my favourite photos :)

Rome is a wonderful city and I was really impressed with its beauty and its atmosphere. I was really blown away by its architecture, by its historical monuments and by all the amazing places it has to offer. Being the history geek that I am, it was particularly remarkable to visit the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, places filled with so much history and legends. Probably this is why they were my favourite part of Rome, along with the Piazza Navona, the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax, then the Villa Borghese park is the perfect place to do so. I found it particularly relaxing walking through the rooms of Palazzo Barberini while admiring the works of Raphael or Hans Holbein (I finally got to see the famous portrait of Henry VIII!!). The Vatican and the Castle Sant'Angelo are also quite incredible and shouldn't be missed if you are planning a trip to Rome. I really enjoyed walking through Rome's narrow streets and exploring the city step by step while relaxing from time to time near a beautiful fountain in one of its numerous piazzas.

However, I would recommend visiting Rome in the spring or autumn in order to avoid the hoards of tourists and the unbearable heat. I think Rome was the busiest city I've ever visited, topping Paris and Barcelona. But this doesn't make it less beautiful or take away its charm. Rome will always be Rome and its incredible historical background and legacy will linger on forever.

And now for the photos...

The beautiful Trevi Fountain

The Spanish Steps

The amazing Colosseum



The Roman Forum

  

Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele

The Tiber River


Saint Peter's Basilica

Damn wind :D

Castel Sant'Angelo

Piazza Navona

The Pantheon


Almost having a Marilyn Monroe moment in front of the Palazzo Barberini

Villa Borghese


That's it guys, I hope you liked the photos. Have you ever been to Rome? I would love to hear about your favourite places...

Lots of love x

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed Rome, it is an amazing city, I wish I was back there myself! Your photos look lovely and all your outfits are so pretty and summery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, you're so sweet :) I really loved the city because it has so much to offer and I wish I could have stayed longer!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...