Thursday 5 July 2012

My Top 10 Summer Essentials

Hello loves!

I'm finally done with my dissertation paper and I managed to obtain the highest score! I'm so happy and proud and I can't wait to start a new chapter in my life. Anyway, after this stressful period, summer can officially begin for me and this is why I've chosen to make my first post in July a summer essentials post. So without further introduction, here are my top 10 summer essentials (clothes wise and makeup wise):

1. Bold prints
This season is all about big bold floral prints, whether we're talking about dresses, blouses, pants or scarfs.


 (I've just bought this silk Zara scarf two days ago and it's really amazing)

Source: Zara

2. Ice-cream colours
From what I've seen in the shops, ice-cream colours are a huge hit this season. I personally love this trend since I adore pastel shades. My favourite colour from this palette is mint, a colour which I believe to be the star colour of this season.


Source: Zara

3. Flat sandals
Flat sandals are the perfect option for these hot summer days if you want to feel comfortable the entire day. Whether you choose a beaded pair, one with tassels or some gladiators, be sure to buy a pair that fits your style so that you will feel comfortable and stylish all day long.

 (My very own pair of flat sandals)


 Source: Zara
 Source: River Island

4. The perfect pair of short shorts
I love shorts. For me nothing scream summer better than a pair of short shorts. I don't believe you should have long perfect legs to rock a pair. Just find a pair that is perfect for your body shape and in which you feel comfortable.



Source: Zara

 5. Lovely summer dress
Another item which I love during summer is a flowy, beautifully coloured dress. They are extremely feminine and comfortable and this season they came in a large variety of shapes, prints and colours.
  


 Source: Asos

6. Colourful jewellery
This season is all about colour and jewellery is no exception. A bold coloured piece can make any outfit stand out.

Source: Zara

7. Mini cross body bag
I'm  a huge fan of cross body mini bags, especially during summer when I feel the need to be as comfortable as ever. Whether you pick a brightly coloured bag or a neutral one, mini bags are the perfect option for hot summer days.

 Source: Asos

 Source: H&M

8. Refreshing face spray
During these extremely hot summer days, when you feel that your make-up melts on your face, the best solution is to use a refreshing face spray which will revitalise your skin and make-up instantly. My personal favourite is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, but there are plenty other brands to chose from.


9. Summer fragrance
Our clothes aren't the only ones which should scream summer, but our fragrances should do that too. So go and find a gorgeous fresh or sweet fragrance which will make you smell and feel incredible. My recommendation is Gorgeous Gardenia by Gucci or Nina Ricci's Elixir.


10. Bright make-up
As I said, this summer is all about colour so whether you choose a bright eyeshadow, a bright liner or a bright lipstick, don't forget to get your colour fix this season.



That's it guys, I hope you liked this post and if you have your own top summer essentials please tell me about them in the comments box below. And since the sales season has begun, I wish you all happy bargain shopping!

Lots of love x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...