Wednesday 21 November 2012

Brussels, my love

Hello girls! Long time no speak, I know, but I have been really busy this month, hence the lack of posts. But here I am again, with a special post no less :) If you follow me on twitter you probably know that I've been in Brussels for the past week...and I enjoyed it tremendously. Technically, it was a business trip, but thankfully for me my company didn't need my help as much as I though, hence I had loads of free time to visit the city, eat delicious Belgian specialities and hit the shops. So, it was more of a mini-vacation and I had such a beautiful time there! If you ever have the chance to go to Brussels, don't hesitate, because even though you don't have loads of places to visit, you will be impressed by the beautiful architecture, the nice museums, the delicious food and the relaxing atmosphere. I think that Brussels it's a great destination if you are considering going on a city break.
 
I think that my favourite places in Brussels were the Grand Place (gorgeous architecture) and the Costume Museum (ok ok, the street full of shops -Rue Neuve - was pretty amazing too).  It was the first time I've visited a museum which exhibits garments from the 18th and 19th century and I enjoyed it so much. The gowns were simply incredible! As far as the food is concerned, you have to try the waffles. I've never in my life eaten such delicious waffles. After all, they are a Belgian speciality! Also, the fish and mussels were really good as well, and I should probably mention that almost every dish was served with fries (some of the best fries I've ever tried). All in all, I had a beautiful time in Brussels and I would definitely go there again! Below I am going to show you some of the photos I took during my trip :)
 
Grand Place
 

 



Palais Royal
 
European Parliament
 
Sooo tired...
 
St. Michael's Cathedral
 

That's it for now! I really hope you enjoyed this post x

4 comments:

  1. Great pics and I really like your outfit! Come over and enter my blog giveaway if you would like to, xoxo. http://pureenlightenedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/mac-lipstick-giveaway.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos, the city looks amazing -particularly those sweet shops! I love your coat and boots too, they look warm but really stylish at the same time, perfect for winter sight-seeing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Brussels is a lovely city, perfect for city breaks, and I really enjoyed my time there. They also have the most delicious chocolate and waffles :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...