Monday 12 December 2011

Vienna in December

Guten tag everybody!

I'm back from my trip to Vienna and I already want back. This is my favourite place in the world and I would absolutely like to live there someday. I love the architecture, the atmosphere, the people, its elegance, its history, EVERYTHING! Even though this was my third visit, I still haven't had enough of it and I would go again there gladly! Needless to say that in winter the city looks like it came out of a fairytale book, with its Christmas markets, its beautiful lights, its gorgeously decorated shops and so on.

I had a great time, but I have to say I came back pretty tired and with a terrible cold. Why tired? Well, because we used to leave the hotel at 11 o'clock and return at 6 and then leave again at 6:30 or 7 and come back at 9:30 or 10! Daily! It's such a lovely city which has so many places to visit and even though you've been there before, it's impossible not to visit those amazing places all over again. Why did I come back with a nasty cold? I have no idea :( I mean it was cold, but not freezing, it was pretty bearable (around 5 degrees Celsius). But I don't care because it's a Viennese cold as I like to call it. Silly, I know :)

So if you ever have the chance to go to Vienna, no matter the season, just go! Don't think about it twice because you'll never regret it!

Now shall we proceed with the photos? Be prepared for a huuuge number of pics :)




Inside the Hofburg Palace

Hofburg Palace



Stephen's Dome

Rathaus Christmas market

the famous and delicious Viennese schnitzel 

Parliament


Kunsthistorisches Museum 

Karlskirche
a kid among other kids :P

Mariahilferstrasse - the perfect shopping street

 Phew, that's it guys! I hope you liked the pics :)

Stay tuned for other Vienna related posts!

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...