Saturday 27 October 2012

Guerlain "Lingerie de Peau" Foundation Review


Every year I used to switch my foundation because I wasn't pleased with any of them, whether they were from the high street or from more expensive brands. Fortunately for me, I believe I have finally found my holly grail foundation, namely Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau in the shade 03 - Beige Naturel. This is an amazing product, it feels really light on the skin, while giving it a natural and healthy finish. This foundation has a light towards medium coverage, but it is buildable, thus if you want to hide some imperfections you can apply another layer without worrying it would look like a mask. The result is a beautiful, radiant and natural looking skin.
 
I think that the foundation has such amazing results because it is build around a formula of skin-infusion, which means that this foundation blends in the texture of your skin, offering you the "second skin" effect. I really love the name they came up with - Lingerie de Peau; I think it really captures the essence of this product: as light and soft as a lingerie.

I should probably add that this foundation has SPF 20 and it can be quite hydrating, thus making it very comfortable to wear. Furthermore, it has a great staying power and it tends to keep my T-zone under control; my face can look a bit oily after a few hours of wearing make-up, but this particular foundation really reduces the sebum production and the shine effect.

However, because this is a light and transparent foundation I don't think it is suited for a skin with problems which needs more coverage. Furthermore, it is really pricey (around 45 Euros). Is it worth it then, you may ask? I would say definitely yes, because it leaves you with a perfect looking skin. But, as I said in many of my reviews, this is my personal opinion of the product and I describe how it works on me. This is why I think that the best thing to do is to ask for a sample and try it at home before purchasing it.

I hope this review has been helpful x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...