Thursday 1 March 2012

First Day of Spring

Happy 1st of March! Spring is finally here (at least according to the calendar) and even though there is still snow here and there and the temperatures aren't very high, at least winter is over and the weather will only get better and better! I can't wait to stroll among blossomed trees and beautiful spring flowers, such as tulips, freesias and hyacinths... I can't wait for sunny days and light clothes (bring in the dresses, blazers, skirts and sandals)! I can't be the only one who is this excited, can I? :P

Today's post is not about something specific but about a mixture of random things. So first and foremost, let me offer you (at least virtually) a little symbol of spring and some beautiful flowers and wish you a colourful spring full of joy!





Since it is officially spring I wanted to put some pictures with a few spring/ summer dresses like some sort of preview for what we will finally be able to wear in a hopefully short while after months of jumpers and coats!  Just look at those flowy materials and beautiful prints! 







(the first two are from Topshop and the last two from Dorothy Perkins) 

Lastly, I wanted to show you some funny looking walnuts I made for my neighbour's niece on her 3rd birthday. They are part of a much more elaborated design, but my task was to create their heads and I'm proud of what it came out (yes, I am aware that a 5 year old could also do that but that doesn't make me less proud :)) ) 



That's it from me. I know this was a rather random post but I just wanted to say a few things just to mark the beginning of spring!

Have a beautiful spring everyone!

Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...