Sunday 20 November 2011

Vienna City Break

As I told you in my previous post, I have some exciting news and I couldn't wait to share them with you! As the title suggests, I'll be going on a city break in one of my favourite cities in the world: Vienna! This will be my third visit to this great city and I'm soooo exited! Why visit one city 3 times in 3 years? Because I absolutely adore it; I think it's a beautiful and exciting city with a great historical background. You'll never get bored during your visit because there are so many beautiful places to go to and so many museums and palaces to visit. After all, we couldn't expect less from the capital of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire, could we?

Anyway, I've never visited it on Christmas and from what I've seen and heard it's a magical place to be in during the winter holidays. This is why going to Vienna in December became one of my biggest dreams. Therefore this year, I finally decided to go on a short city break between the 5th and the 8th of December, just before Christmas :)



I can't wait to go to all those beautiful Christmas markets, visit the Hofburg Palace and Stephan's Dom one more time and shop like crazy on Mariahilferstrasse!

Have you ever been to Vienna? What is your favourite city in the world?

Lots of kisses!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard the Christmas markets their are some of the most beautiful in Europe; I mean, would you expect anything less from Vienna. I'm hoping to take my other half on a a bit of a surprise romantic city break to Vienna for Valentines this year. More for me than for him but I'm sure he won't mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Vienna from the 5th of December until the 8th and the city looked gorgeous. The main boulevards were beautifully decorated with Christmas lights and the Christmas markets were everywhere. Of course, the most beautiful was the one from the Rathaus (city hall) but the others were pretty lovely as well. It was like stepping into a fairytale :) Vienna is my favorite city in the world and I think it looks great no matter the season you choose to visit it in. I also have another post about Vienna http://misspandorablogs.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-want-back.html with a few pics from my trip, in case you are interested :) I hope you’re going to have a great time there in February!

      Delete
  2. I visited Salzburg last year and couldn't make it to Vienna due to our schedule. This year we're planning Vienna city breaks and I'm hoping it's going to be fantastic. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard Salzburg is also very beautiful and I would like to visit it some day. You will no doubt love Vienna, it is amazing! Have a great time there!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...