Thursday 19 April 2012

From Vogue's Archives

A few days ago I was browsing Vogue's web page and came across their cover archive section where I found some beautiful cover art. And because I couldn't keep these amazing covers to myself, I made this post consisting of my favourite ones. It will come as no surprise that the covers I like the most are the earliest ones since you all know I have a thing for old looking things. For everything that screams history actually.

Anyway, without further introduction, here are my favourite Vogue covers of all time:

November 1919. I particularly like the early covers for their beautiful and elegant illustrations.

November 1920

March 1929

April 1930

June 1934. One of the very first photographs used for a magazine cover. The first ever photographic Vogue cover appeared in 1932.

August 1938. This is the most beautiful Vogue cover ever in my opinion. The model, the clothes, her pose, the covers's glamorous and sophisticated touches...it's really amazing.

August 1942

November 1949

March 1962

June 1962.  Jean Shrimpton (a famous English model of the time with numerous Vogue covers) appears on the cover for the first time.

March 1964

October 1969

May 1975

April 1983

November 1991

June 1998. No Vogue cover archive could be complete without Kate Moss. I think she looks so fresh and beautiful in this photo.

June 2006. Kate did so many Vogue covers that it was impossible for me not to choose another photo of her. This is my favourite cover from Vogue's more recent cover archive.


Do you have any favourite covers from the above ones? If you liked this post and you are interested in discovering even more covers, enter Vogue's web page and browse all you like through their archive.

Take care lovelies x


                                                                                                                                     Source: Vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...